Current Capital Priorities
Every year, thousands of people from across Northumberland come to NHH seeking expert care and/or treatment to help restore their health. From labour and delivery to palliative, diagnostics to acute care and outpatient care, Northumberland Hills Hospital serves its community at the highest level of health care possible.
While the majority of our province’s hospitals’ operating dollars flow from Ontario’s Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, funding for capital equipment remains the responsibility of the community whose members will benefit most from their own investment. The best hospitals are the ones that have generous communities. With continued investment from our community, we will enhance the care provided, support the attraction of talented medical expertise to our community and save more lives.
Gifts today will help purchase priority medical equipment for our hospital as approved by the Hospital's Board of Directors. There are several areas of care where donors have an opportunity to make a difference in the availability, timeliness and quality of patient care that our friends, neighbours and loved ones will receive at NHH.
- Ambulatory Care
- Cancer & Supportive Care Clinic
- Community Mental Health Services
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Intensive Care Unit
- Maternal Child Care
- Palliative Care
- Restorative Care
- Surgical Services
- Women's Health
Quite often generous donors will purchase a piece of equipment outright, providing staff and physicians with immediate access to state-of-the-art technology to enhance patient care. Some examples of our hospital's current equipment needs include:
- Rapid fluid infuser for the Emergency Department - $24, 000
- Hospital beds throughout NHH - $115,000
- Gamma probe for the OR - $23,000
- Coagulation analyzer for the Laboratory - $35,000
Equipped to Care Program
Continuous investment in medical equipment, technology and resources is fundamental to superior patient care in our hospital.
The NHH Foundation has set its sights on raising a minimum of $12 million by 2020. We anticipate that $6 million of this amount could be raised through the Foundation’s existing annual programs. The remaining $6 million is the goal of the Equipped to Care program.
The fundraising priorities for the Equipped to Care program will focus on equipment replacement in the Diagnostic Imaging Department and a Clinical Information System. Funds raised will not only keep our doctors and nurses at the forefront of healthcare – it will provide the best patient care possible for people in west Northumberland.
Here’s a look at some of the equipment we hope to purchase with community support:
- Digital Radiography Units (2 x-ray units), $750,000
- Computed Radiography System (2 units), $500,000
- Digital Mammography Unit (2 units), $950,000
- CT Scanner, $2,000,000
- Nuclear Medicine Unit, $675,000
To learn how you can make a gift to the Equipped to Care Program, please contact:
Northumberland Hills Hospital Foundation
Establish an Endowment
Establishing an endowment to support an area of continued development can help ensure vital services and excellent care will always be available – care that uses the most modern technology and the most highly-skilled staff.
For more information, please contact:
Northumberland Hills Hospital Foundation
Your Gifts at Work
In the past year the NHH Foundation contributed $3,148,343 to purchase lifesaving medical equipment and invest in building enhancements to help keep quality patient care close to home. We are able to do this as a result of your belief in our physicians, nurses and healthcare professionals.
Past donations to Northumberland Hills Hospital:
- April 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019 - 3,148,343
- April 1, 2017 - March 31, 2018 - $1,613,403
- April 1, 2016 - March 31, 2017 - $1,850,099
- April 1, 2015 - March 31, 2016 - $938,902
- April 1, 2014 - March 31, 2015 - $1,892,810
- April 1, 2013 - March 31, 2014 - $2,430,328
- April 1, 2012 - March 31, 2013 - $1,041,989
- April 1, 2011 - March 31, 2012 - $2,086,029
- April 1, 2010- March 31, 2011 - $852,677
Thank you for your continued support!