Current Capital Priorities
Every year, thousands of people from across Northumberland come to NHH seeking expert care and/or treatment to help restore their health. From labour and delivery to palliative, diagnostics to acute care and outpatient care, Northumberland Hills Hospital serves its community at the highest level of health care possible.
While the majority of our province’s hospitals’ operating dollars flow from Ontario’s Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, funding for capital equipment remains the responsibility of the community whose members will benefit most from their own investment. The best hospitals are the ones that have generous communities. With continued investment from our community, we will enhance the care provided, support the attraction of talented medical expertise to our community and save more lives.
Gifts today will help purchase priority medical equipment and technology for our hospital as approved by the Hospital's Board of Directors, support continuing education for staff and physicians, and contribute to the expansion of services available in our community. There are several areas of care where donors have an opportunity to make a difference in the availability, timeliness and quality of patient care that our friends, neighbours and loved ones will receive at NHH.
- Ambulatory Care
- Cancer & Supportive Care Clinic
- Community Mental Health Services
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Intensive Care Unit
- Maternal Child Care
- Palliative Care
- Restorative Care
- Surgical Services
- Women's Health
Quite often generous donors will purchase a piece of equipment outright, providing staff and physicians with immediate access to state-of-the-art technology to enhance patient care. Some examples of our hospital's current equipment needs include:
- CT Scan Console - $50, 000
- Hematology Backup Analyzer - $65,000
- ECG Lead - $26,000
- Stretchers (8 needed) - $5,900 each
- Sara Lift - $6,842
- Clinical Information System - $6,000,000
Your Gifts at Work
In the past year the NHH Foundation contributed $2,166,626 to purchase lifesaving medical equipment and invest in building enhancements to help keep quality patient care close to home. We are able to do this as a result of your belief in our physicians, nurses and healthcare professionals.
CLICK HERE to view a summary of your gifts in action - investments made from April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021
Past donations to Northumberland Hills Hospital:
- April 1, 2020 - March 31, 2021 - $2,166,626
- April 1, 2019 - March 31, 2020 - $1,976,654
- April 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019 - $3,148,343
- April 1, 2017 - March 31, 2018 - $1,613,403
- April 1, 2016 - March 31, 2017 - $1,850,099
- April 1, 2015 - March 31, 2016 - $938,902
- April 1, 2014 - March 31, 2015 - $1,892,810
- April 1, 2013 - March 31, 2014 - $2,430,328
- April 1, 2012 - March 31, 2013 - $1,041,989
- April 1, 2011 - March 31, 2012 - $2,086,029
- April 1, 2010- March 31, 2011 - $852,677
Thank you for your continued support!